I have not had too much time to be able to just sit down and be crafty. I decided that I need to incorporate some ME time. Too often we forget that we need to take care of ourselves and much too often we forget the importance of this as we are always focused on our children, our husbands, our household chores, our jobs. I finally decided to take some time for myself on a daily basis. Even if it is for 5 minutes. Time to listen to a meaningful song. Alone. Time to read. Alone. Time to take a power nap. Alone. Time to take a 10 minute walk. Alone. Time to partake in a favorite hobby. Alone. I do not consider this as being selfish. I consider this as being smart. Taking time for yourself can make a huge difference. And so I did. I took 5 minutes one day, snuck in 15 another day, and hold on to your seat, a whole hour another day when the kids went to bed. I told myself that when the boys are in bed, I am not doing a darn thing except for what I want to do. For me. Alone. So I did and as a result, I accomplished a ton. Including these thank you cards.
I made a 12x12 layout which I need to journal on. When it is complete, I will post that too. To make my cards I use all of my scraps from making page layouts. I am trying to get into the habit of using up as many scraps as I can when I am done with scrap booking a page. That does not mean shoving the scraps into a folder to sit there until it bursts at the seams and I get frustrated at the mess and just throw them out anyway. What I am doing is this. As soon as I am done with a scrapbook page, I immediately make a card or two using the scraps I have available from the layout I just completed. The patterned paper is already matched with the card stock, and I may have a matching embellishment or two all ready and waiting. This saves so much time and when I may need a card, I should have a variety ready and waiting!
It is amazing the things you can accomplish when you take 5 minutes for yourself every single day. Before I know it, I will be posting an entire album! HA! One can dream, right?
As I was reading this again, I realized that not all of us focus on husbands but also on wives. Sorry guys/girls!
ReplyDeleteHuh...that's a great idea to make cards right then...after the page is done! You my friend are a genius!! :)
ReplyDelete