We have all experienced it. Every single one of us. Someone enters your life. They have some sort of effect on you, then they leave. I have had people enter my life, have an amazing, positive impact and then they are gone. Almost like they are an angel, sent by God to do a job. When the job is done, off they go. At the same time, demons have entered my life, caused damage and chaos, then they leave the pieces for me to put back together. We can not always count on others to make us feel good, to make us happy, to pick up the pieces. We have to learn to make ourselves happy. Depend on yourself. You are the only person that will be in your life until the end. We all have to have something in our life that brings us joy. I am talking about tangible objects. Things. Stuff. Items. As a little girl and even into my high school and college years, I always found happiness, peace, and joy in the famous musical "The Sound of Music". I learned every word, every lyric. I would lose myself in those songs. I would act out various character's parts. I even found a couple of girl friends that had my same freakish obsession who would jump off of the couch with me as we sang out the lyrics of Liesl and Rolfe, of young innocent love. We would take turns being Maria as we belted out "These are a few of my favorite things." I learned at a very young age that I had to have favorite things and as an adult I find they are more important than ever. Scrapbooking takes the top of my list. I am able to get lost in the art of reinacting a holiday, event, or special memory as I adhese the photos and embellishments onto the cardstock. I love the various types of paper in their colors and patterns. I love the ribbon, so many types of ribbon, bright, vibrant, dull, dreary. I find happiness in preserving these memories, both positive and negative. Alphabet stickers and cutouts add to my list of scrapbooking favorites. The possibilities are endless. I love being able to create a mood with my letters and titles of various shapes, sizes, colors and patterns. I find comfort in scrapbooking. It is a way to escape when I need to escape. A way to relive some of my happiest moments, a way to overcome some of my most difficult struggles. Just the sight, the touch, the textures of the various supplies make me happy.
Like these. These are a just a few of my favorite things. Just a few.
There has to be something in your life that makes you smile, a book, a movie, a hobby, a musical. Sometimes that is all you need. The Sound of Music will forever be my favorite, it will forever bring me happiness and contentment, and warmth to my heart but getting lost in the memories, my memories through the art of scrapbooking is the ultimate path to happiness, it is my favorite thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment