Tuesday, February 28, 2012
I am not a creation of Geppetto.
Sometimes we are put in situations that compromise our morals. I always say with the utmost confidence that I will stand up for what I believe in. I will not let anyone make me do something I am uncomfortable doing. But are we prepared to actually follow through with these assertions? It is harder than you think. Are you strong enough to stand up for yourself or are you still being manipulated by the strings that you do not seem to have any control over? Why do we give up or in or however you want to look at it because the fear of being crushed overwhelms the knowledge of what is right? As an adult who still has so much to figure out about myself, I struggle with the fact that there are people out there, people I have relationships with, whether they are personal or professional, that expect you to turn your head and just ignore your own values. I would like to think I have control over this. I feel like I have no control over this. I can only control my own self. I can not control what other people are lacking in regards to doing the right thing. So why do I let it bother me? I know why. It has a profound impact on me as a person, as someone who is striving to find the good in everyone, as someone who is searching for their place, as someone who is looking to God. I do not want to be that person who is expected to look the other way, stretch the truth, or be dishonest. I want to be the person who controls my own actions, who is not fearful of how others will react. Sometimes I am that person but often I am not. I should be able to say what I feel, do what is right and not be manipulated. I am not going to be that puppet. I will cut the strings. As soon as I know I can...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment